Dr. Klein has experience in university and commercial laboratory pathology. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Health & Society from the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY. Thereafter, he earned his medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine – New York State program, Tel Aviv, Israel. He completed his residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at the Winthrop University, Mineola NY, where he served as chief resident and performed his fellowship training in Hematopathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology at Washington University – Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis MO.
Dr. Klein is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, and Hematology.
- Klein JL, Nguen TT, Bien-Willner GA, et al. CD163 Immunohistochemistry Is Superior to CD68 in Predicting Outcome in Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 2014 Mar;141(3)381-87
- Nguyen TT, Frater JL, Klein JL, Chen L, Foyil KV, Bartlett NL, Kreisel FH. Analysis of AberrantAntigenic Expression in Classical Hodgkin Lymphomas and Their Potential Role as Prognostic Factors. USCAP 2013, Baltimore, Poster
- Knoche EM, Fisher DA, Rippberger G, He L, Moore D, Klein JL, Oh SM. Cocomitant JAK2V617F-Positive Polycythemia Vera and BCR-ABL-Positive Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Treated with Ruxolitinib and Dasatinib. American Society of Hematology 2012, Atlanta, Poster
- Wang, TF, Klein JL, Woodard PK, Hassan A, Joseph SM, Ewald GE, and Uy, GL.Plasmacytoma-like Posttransplantation Lymphoproliferative Disease Occurring in a Cardiac Allograft: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2012 Jun 18 Epub
- Klein JL, Bien-Willner GA, Foyil KV, Bartlett NA, Chen L, Frater JL, Duncavage E, Hassan,Nguyen TT, Kreisel F. CD163 is a More Useful Immunohistochemical Stain than CD68 in Predicting Outcome of Patients with Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma. USCAP 2012, Vancouver, Poster
- Babich JP, Klein JL, Freidel DM. Endoscopic removal of a brunneroma with EUS guidance.Southern Medicine Journal 2010 Mar 103(3):250-2
- Kim BV, Frieri M, Klein J, Fonacier, L. Coexistence of Mycosis Fungoides (T-cell), MonoclonalGammopathy (B-cell), and Autoimmunity. Annals of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Nov 2009; vol 103, supplement 3, p155.
- Klein J, and Drexler, S. Concurrent Oligodendroglioma and Hemangioblastoma in the Brain of a49-Year-Old Man. Abstract in Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 2009 133;10: 1698
- Ragolia L, Hall CE, Buyuk A, Klein J, Palaia T. Absence of Lipocalin-type Prostaglandin D2Synthase Expression in Human Lung & Prostate Tumors. Lung Cancer 2010 Oct;70(1):103-109
- Babich J, Bonasera RJ, Klein J, Friedel, DM,. Pancreatic Ascites: Complication after EUS-FNA ofa Pancreatic Cyst. Endoscopy 2009;42:E211-212
- Klein J, Khullar P, Gheorghe G, and Orazi A. Polymorphous Hemangioendothelioma of theSpleen: A Case Report. Poster Presentation, ASCP National Conference, Oct. 2008, Baltimore